Tuesday, April 26, 2016

                                          Mea Culpa

    I made a mistake in cutting the Minister some slack

Earlier this month I wrote about Minister McCallum hiring more staff to process the FSTP program.

I was wrong.

In fact, Minister McCallum has reduced the projected FSTP staff from Chris Alexander’s numbers … not that I believed Mr. Alexander’s projections.

Jason Kenney started the program with no public budget for FSTP dedicated staff.

The number was then increased to 2.

In his last budget Alexander asked for 7.

In his first budget, McCallum got 4.

By comparison, Ottawa finds the money for over 20 officers to process Quebec’s business immigration program.

I’m sorry for the mistake.


I’m even more sorry for the real numbers.  
Richard Boraks, April  15 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment